Saturday, April 19, 2014

Welcome to Boston!

The weather was perfect in the city today. We started the day on the Boston Common, where the BAA 5K started. It was a gorgeous day and I had a great time running with my stepdad.



We checked into our hotel in Cambridge and walked across the Charles River - the beautiful daffodils reminded me of my friend Dana, in whose honor I am running, and who used to volunteer as a Daffodil Days Coordinator for the American Cancer Society.

We went to the Expo to pick up my race bib. I was super excited!

After the Expo we had Thai food for dinner, then caught a cab back to the hotel. Tomorrow I will check in with the Dana-Farber team and then we'll lay low for most of the day until the Dana-Farber Pasta Party in the late afternoon. On Monday morning I have to catch a 5:15am bus so I'd better start getting used to an earlier bedtime! Will write more tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment