Wednesday, April 9, 2014

10 days to go!

Last Sunday's training run was at Lake Merced. I've been missing out on the races for our running club, DSE Runners, because the races are at 9am on Sundays and I've been getting up early to start my long runs by about 6:30 or 7am. Both times I ran through Crissy Field and to the Embarcadero, DSE volunteers have been setting up for the races - I was tempted to alter my plans to include the races, but stuck with the route I had pre-determined for the 18- and 20-mile runs.

But this Sunday, since I've been fighting off a cold, I decided to sleep in a bit and to incorporate the DSE Lake Merced 4.5 mile race into my training run. I arrived at the Lake a little after 8am in order to do a loop before the race, then sped up just a little for the race itself, and finished with another loop and a half, for a total of 15 miles.

On the fundraising front, I sent out a letter to many of my veterinary colleagues a few weeks back, and I have been overwhelmed by their generous responses. I was able to mail 7 checks totaling $1475 to Dana-Farber earlier this week. It is wonderful to see people coming together to stand up for something worthy. I feel so privileged to be part of the Dana-Farber team and to witness the kindness of people's hearts first hand.

For those of you who live near Boston, Sports Illustrated will be shooting their cover photograph there this Saturday (April 12) at 7:00am and they are inviting people to be a part of it:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/magazine/news/20140409/sports-illustrated-boston-marathon-finish-line-photo-shoot/

Go there if you can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment