Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Today I ran my 90th race, the DSE Great Halloween Highway 4-mile race. It was cold and windy in San Francisco, so I ran in capris, with a long-sleeved shirt over a short-sleeved shirt and arm-warmers. I even started with gloves on! It was fun to see many of the runners in costumes. Since I have been feeling pretty slow on my training runs, I was happy to finish in 32:25.

One of my friends from high school shared a link on Facebook to this article: http://www.viralnova.com/wifes-cancer/

I found it moving, haunting, and inspiring. I am so thankful to be healthy, to be able to run almost every day, to help my girls get ready for Halloween... Angelo and Jennifer's story is, sadly, repeated in homes all over the world. Cancer affects us all - in small villages and big cities, in one-room huts and sprawling mansions, in young children and the elderly, all races, all walks of life: loved ones are lost to cancer every day. Dana-Farber is working to change that. And I am grateful to be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment